ABOUT ‘BITE THE ASS OFF A BEAR’
In Bite the Ass Off a Bear, investment professional Garth Friesen reveals how hedge-fund traders thrive by developing the interpersonal skills necessary to act and react in a high-stakes field with integrity, reliability, and stress manageability. For aspiring and experienced traders, having a strong work ethic, persistent attitude, and likable personality are just as essential as mathematical and computer acumen and will take your career further than fabled lone-wolf tactics. BUY THE BOOK
Things you will learn in this book
- How to do a proper self-assessment to see if you are cut out for life as a trader
- Learn the difference between an execution trader, a market maker and a prop trader
- Identify the key characteristics Hedge Fund recruiters are looking for in a candidate
- Why many traders only last a few years in the industry
- Appreciate the EQ required for life on a trading floor
- Learn how to navigate the interview process for a job at an asset management firm
- Critical steps for your first few weeks and months on a trading floor
- What you need to do to progress from a trading assistant to a full-fledged trader
- Understand the important difference between a trader and a portfolio manager
Contrary to Hollywood mythologizing, there are no wolves on Wall Street. Ruthless, greedy, and power-hungry individualists actually make terrible hedge-fund traders. If you’re going to succeed in this business, you need to understand not only how America’s financial markets work, but how being a team player makes you the most valuable asset to your company and clients.
With indispensable information from a Wall Street insider, this book will prepare you for a challenging industry that’s as full of risks as it is of rewards.